Manufacturing and Industrial Design
So many facets can be incorporated here. There is very little that CAD / CAM Services hasn’t done with regard to manufacturing and industrial design.
Anything from plastic bottles to specialty caps for mold design, all the way to reverse engineering aircraft parts for a CNC tooling shop.
The basic process is:
- Professionally scanning parts for CNC with industrial quality 3D scanner
- Cleaning up and creating a full mesh
- Sometimes we can stop here and compare meshes and sizes to verify product variations
- Quite often we generate a full CAD model
- You receive “neutral” Parasolid, STL, STEP files (more on file types)
- You can order 3D printing from us if needed.
- It is also possible to order some molds if you are planning to use injection molding
If your project requires going to an NC tooling shop or model creation, any modern CAD system will do. However, it is very common in our environment, for the customer to select a specific CAD system that we should use. It is not a big deal since we support them all.
Therefore we have become experts in CATIA, Solidworks, Creo, and NX. This includes the vaults with these products such as CATIA Enovia and Solidworks Vault. We have a whole separate division that does nothing but high-end 3D scanning. This includes anything from terrestrial type scanners for long-distance to handheld scanners and our CT scanner.
We are one of the few firms that can truly deliver metallurgy scanning with high precision. With scans accuracy down to ±.001″ and models up to ±.003″, we can be proud of ourselves. Our company is quite proficient in Geomagic Design X from 3D Systems and Faro’s point cloud management system SCENE. Over the past 30 years, our specialists have truly become experts in CATIA and Solidworks, including simulation, collaboration, project data management, and visualization.
Our knowledge of SolidWorks and other CAD applications will help you develop aesthetic yet functional hardware for your products. Let us help you with your mechanical CAD project.