Fast & Professional 3D CAD Conversion
Your 3D CAD Conversion Requests. Just the Way You want them.
Modern CAD systems provide access to dozens of features and empower engineers all over the world. Each CAD software system has its own feature set and a proprietary file format which contains some specific information describing features and sketches the 3D model is made of.
Features get lost, intelligence gets lost, and often dumb 3D CAD data is generated. Thus there is a high importance of getting an experienced professional involved in your 3D CAD Conversion projects. We are fluent in the major five 3D CAD Software products, this provides us a unique approach to CAD applications.
What is 3D CAD Conversion?
3D CAD Conversion is the process of converting a 2D drawing into a 3D model. CAD Data Conversion is a medium of exchange for establishing a line of communication among multiple CAD applications and systems.
If you are performing CAD migration from any legacy CAD software look no further. We specialize in rescuing legacy drawings and other engineering legacy data sources so you can concentrate on product engineering.
Your simple migration process is safe with our experience. This includes transferring data from and to Enovia, Siemens PLM, Windchill, Solidworks Vault, and others.
While converting from any CAD to any CAD system we produce CAD Perfect™ results. We can make seamless CAD conversions leaving all your original model trees and assembly mates intact. If you have any custom standards using our experienced, professional, and proprietary translation services assures your files will truly be CAD Perfect™.
How We Work With Your Organization
Our team is familiar with many software and formats to help with 3D CAD conversions.
Here is the major CAD software we support:
Here are some of the various CAD formats that our experts work with:
- .CATDRAWING CATIA V5 Drawing
- .CATPART CATIA V5 Part File
- .CATPRODUCT CATIA V5 Assembly File
- .CGR CATIA Graphical Representation File
- .MODEL CATIA 3D Model FIle
- .DLV CATIA 4 Export File
- .DRWDOT SolidWorks Drawing Template
- .EDRW SolidWorks eDrawings File
- .SLDASM SolidWorks Assembly File
- .SLDDRW SolidWorks Drawing File
- .SLDPRT SolidWorks Part File
- .SMG SolidWorks Composer File
- ASCII (or ASC) – an X, Y, Z point cloud file in ASCII text format.
- .ASM Solid Edge Assembly File
- .CAD Autodesk QuickCAD File
- .DGN MicroStation Design File
- .CEL MicroStation Cell Library
- .CMP Solid Edge Wire Harness File
- .CNC CNC Machine Tool Path or PartMaster CNC File
- .DRW Creo drawing files
- .PRT Creo part files, formally Pro/Engineer
- .ASM Creo assembly file
- DWG – This is a native AutoCAD drawing file
- DXF – “Drawing Interchange File” – a neutral version of a DWG file
- .DWS AutoCAD Drawing Standards File
.DWT AutoCAD Drawing Template
.DXE AutoCAD Data Extraction Template
.DXX AutoCAD Drawing Interchange Attribute File
- .IAM Inventor Assembly File
- .IDE Inventor iFeature File
.IDV Inventor Design View File
.IDW Inventor Drawing
- .IPJ Inventor Project File
.IPN Inventor Presentation File
.IPT Inventor Part File
- IGES – “Initial Graphics Exchange Specification” – a neutral format for exchanging CAD data between many different software programs
- .JT JT, created by Siemens / NX, is unusual in that it can contain both Brep and Visrep content. JT is also compressed about 8:1, so it is a good visualization format for large assemblies.
- .MCX MICRO CADAM-X/6000 Model Data File
- .NWD Navisworks Document
.NWF Navisworks File Set
- .NX Unigraphics NX
- OBJ – an open data format that represents the vertices of polygons
- PRT – a native CAD format for Pro/ENGINEER and NX (Unigraphics)
- .PRT Creo Parametric Part File
.PRT Solid Edge Part File
.PRT Unigraphics Part File
.PRT CADKEY Part File
- SLDPRT – a native CAD format for SolidWorks
- STEP – “Standard for the Exchange of Product model data,” (ISO 10303) an advanced neutral format for exchanging CAD data between many different software programs.
- STL – “Standard Tessellation Language” – a polygonal model format similar to OBJ and several others
- WRL (VRML) – “Virtual Reality Modeling Language,” a polygonal file similar to OBJ, STL, and several others and can include color
- X_T – a semi-neutral CAD format
- .X_B Parasolid Model Part File
.X_T Parasolid Model Part File
- .WRP Geomagic GeomView Design File
- .Z3 ZW3D, a good AutoCAD competitor for 2D and 3D CAD software
We also directly support converting scanned Point Cloud data into CAD Perfect™ CAD files. So your scanned data from Faro, Artec, Creaform, and other great 3D scanners – call on CAD / CAM Services for professional CAD Services.
All of our data is transferred via our DOD secure web portal.
Request A Quote
We have produced and converted in excess of 1,000,000 (yes million) 2D and 3D CAD files for Amazon.com alone. Including complex Mylar to CAD 3D CAD Conversions for GE Avionics, Boeing, Airbus, the Air Force, and most other Aerospace companies.
31-years of great customer services for these Fortune 500 companies prove your 3D CAD conversion services are in good hands.
Do you have Mylars or Blueprints that you need scanned into CAD?
Is you Engineering Department pulling out their hair searching for lost drawings and site plans?
Does your Utility Company need to drawings scanned into CAD?
Do you have a 3D Modeling Project that you need done ASAP?
If you answered “Yes”, then call CAD/CAM Services
Greta Nintzel — Content & Digital Media Associate, Rich Media Team (amazon supply): “You ROCK and a huge thank you to you and your team for working so diligently to hit our goals.”
Pete Iannuzzi — Sony Music: “We used CAD / CAM Services for CAD Conversion work and it was great! We have already decided to use them for our next project. They did everything they said they were going to do and more. The work turned out well.”
Jerry McNabb – R Civ USAF – Tinkers Air Force Base “You have been absolutely the BEST Company to work with in my entire career. I almost hate to see us finish our Mylar’s!”