Faster quality issue detection for better part reliability
The R-Series is designed to automate your quality control process. It is a great choice for any fabrication or manufacturing company that needs to improve their productivity without sacrificing on part quality or wasting any time. The R-Series quickly measures all of the dimensions of your manufactured part within seconds at very high accuracies.
This setup includes a robotic arm that automatically moves around your part, capturing a high-quality scan. This scanned 3D mesh can be compared to the technical sheet for the part, looking for inconsistencies within seconds. This is the best way to automatically check that the fabricated part is within the specs of the original drawing.
Together, the MetraSCAN 3D-R and CUBE-R create an industrial measuring cell that integrates directly into your factory, streamlining at-line inspections. It’s faster, more accurate, and more reliable than most other setups on the market.
A brief look at the technical specifications of the R-Series, to understand how it can help with your metrology-grade measurement applications.
As low as 0.025 mm (0.0009 in)
|Volumetric accuracy||0.078 mm |
Part size range (recommended)
Up to 3 x 1.5 m
Accuracy of 0.025 mm
The system was designed for people that don’t have previous experience running robotics or automated metrology. There is very little user input, and the learning curve is incredibly small. Simply put, this is a CMM solution that’s accessible to anybody. The full system can be installed within 3 days, and it’s compatible with most industrial metrology software. It can install directly into your process without any disruptions, and it will simplify your part inspections.
The same setup can be used to inspect a pen, a dresser, a car, or anything in-between. The R-Series was designed to fit any application and provide high-quality mesh scans on a variety of parts. As a result, you’ll appreciate the unmatched versatility that this tool offers.
- Measure shiny and reflective parts. The R-Series utilizes blue lasers to accurately measure reflective surfaces without defects in the scan.
- Customize your setup. The tool comes with 16 different configurations, allowing you to truly personalize and customize your inspection cell. With a tailored scanning experience, you can enjoy professional-grade 3D scanning that fits your needs.
- Measure small or large parts. The R-Series can handle a wide range of part sizes, and that can be further extended with a C-track camera system.
Incredible Accuracy and Resolution
This metrology-grade scanner offers resolution that you won’t find elsewhere. The R-Suite scanners also come with high levels of reliability, so you’ll be able to trust every 3D scan that you take. The accuracy doesn’t depend on your shop-floor conditions, since the R-Suite is so rugged.
- Accuracy. As low as 0.025mm (0.0009in).
- Enjoy dynamic referencing. Dynamic referencing will further increase the resolution and accuracy of every scan.
- Reliability acceptance tests you can trust. Each tool goes through rigorous reliability testing before getting sent to you. You can trace the results back to the initial tests to see for yourself.
Speed You Won’t Believe
The R-Series is the best option for inspecting your parts since it’s so fast. It works exponentially faster than hand measurements, and the setup is more reliable and faster than traditional CMM systems.
- Fast measurement speeds. The R-Series can collect up to 1.8 million measurements per second.
- High-density scans for faster completion. With 45 laser lines, each scan collects even more data. You can inspect parts faster than ever before.
- Single setup to speed up your inspection. You don’t need to tweak positions or configurations before you start scanning. With no setup time, you can get through more inspections in each shift, saving you a ton of time.
The R-Suite also uses VXelements as its standard software. This program is versatile enough to power our entire suite of 3D scanning and measurement products. It combines all the essential tools you need — from intuitive CAD software to data acquisition — in a simple, user-friendly interface.
Digital Twin Environment Software Module
VXscan-R is a reliable and accurate digital twin environment useful for program preparation, scan parameters adjustment—speed, shutter time, and scan resolution—simulation and execution. With VXscan-R’s scanning intelligence and dedicated functions, programming robot paths and optimizing the line of sight become easier and faster.