Creaform MAXSHOT 3D
OPTICAL COORDINATE MEASURING SYSTEM: MAXSHOT 3D
Large-scale metrology for everyone
The MAXSHOT 3D was designed as the best large-scale metrology tool that can be used by anyone. It offers the highest measuring accuracy and repeatability for any large-scale projects that you might encounter. It’s become our team’s go-to 3D scanner whenever we provide 3D CAD services that deal with large parts like airplanes or vehicles.
The MAXSHOT is incredibly easy to use, and it features real-time feedback as you scan a part. The user interface is simple, and the tool fits comfortably in one hand. Thanks to the incredible accuracy, you’ll never have to worry about a scan that you’re taking — the 3D mesh is always high-quality and captures every detail.
Any team that consistently works with larger parts needs the MAXSHOT 3D. It’s the industry-leading solution. It can be used in junction with Creaform’s HandyPROBE to create a full 3D model of larger parts that includes small holes and intricate features.
A brief look at the technical specifications of the MAXSHOT 3D with various models, to understand how it can help with your metrology-grade measurement applications.
|MAXSHOT NEXT™||MAXSHOT NEXT™ |
|Volumetric accuracy(1)||0.025 mm/m (0.0003 in/ft)||0.015 mm/m (0.00018 in/ft)|
|0.008 mm/m (0.0001 in/ft)||0.005 mm/m (0.00006 in/ft)|
0.020 mm + 0.025 mm/m
0.020 mm + 0.015 mm/m
0.050 mm + 0.025 mm/m
0.050 mm + 0.015 mm/m
0.060 mm + 0.025 mm/m
0.060 mm + 0.015 mm/m
0.044 mm + 0.025 mm/m
0.044 mm + 0.015 mm/m
|Operating temperature range||5-40°C (41-104°F)|
|Operating humidity range (non-condensing)||10-90%|
EC Compliance (Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive, Low Voltage Directive), IP50, WEEE, Laser class (2m)
(1) Based on the VDI/VDE 2634 part 1 standard. Performance is assessed with 35 lengths measurements taken on traceable artefacts (value = maximum deviation).
(2) Based on the VDI/VDE 2634 part 1 standard. Performance is assessed with 35 lengths measurements taken on traceable artefacts (value = average deviation).
(3) The volumetric accuracy performance of the system when using a MaxSHOT 3D cannot be superior to the default accuracy performance for a given model.
(4) The volumetric accuracy performance of the system when using a MaxSHOT 3D cannot be superior to the default accuracy
(5) The volumetric accuracy performance of the system when using a MaxSHOT 3D cannot be superior to the default volumetric accuracy performance for a given model.
Real-Time Feedback on Scans
The MAXSHOT 3D comes with a lot of real-time feedback that comes default with every scanner. This addition allows inexperienced users to take a full 3D scan without any mistakes. Anyone in your engineering or inspection department can utilize this tool.
- Remove user error. Real-time feedback will tell the user if they’re too close, the target isn’t distributed correctly, or there are too many targets in the shot.
- Avoid finding issues later on. With feedback during the scan, you can avoid any issues you might find later on thanks to a poor scan.
- Get immediate accuracy results. The 3D point cloud will show you all of the accuracy results of your scans as you take them. You can identify “poor” scan results and take them again to get the best 3D model.
Intuitive and Simple Design
The design of the MAXSHOT couldn’t be simpler. It has a trigger and a few buttons on the tool, and that’s it. You’ll notice a green or red light that gets projected on the part to show the user if they’re holding and positioning the tool correctly.
- Live GO/NO-GO. The live projected GO/NO-GO uses a green or red light to show the user if their scan is good or not. This speeds up the learning process and allows anyone to use the tool.
- Easy interaction with the software. The default VXelements software works very well with the MAXSHOT, with multi-function buttons on the tool to keep operation easier.
- The operation couldn’t be simpler. Using this metrology-grade 3D scanner is as simple as pointing and clicking. You’ll get all the feedback you need while you take the scan, so there is very little room for error.
The tool is small enough to be used with a single hand. All the instruments fit into a small carrying case, allowing you to travel with the MAXSHOT and use it in remote sites.
- Quick set-up. The MAXSHOT can be up and running in less than 2 minutes.
- Lightweight and small. The full tool is only 0.79 kg (1.75 lbs) and can be carried with one hand.
- On-the-go metrology. Take the MAXSHOT’s carrying case with you into remote areas of the world with no problems.
- First article inspection (FAI)
- Part-to-CAD inspection
- Supplier quality inspection
- Reverse engineering for developing replacement / Restoration parts
- Planning of complex assemblies disassembly/Dismantling
- 3D scan-to-CAD
- Reverse engineering (extracting design-intent)
- Packaging design
- Reverse engineering of dyes, molds, fixtures, jigs and patterns
- Update of CAD file to reflect as-built tooling measurements
- Tooling validation/Inspection
The MAXSHOT 3D also uses VXelements as its standard software. This program is versatile enough to power our entire suite of 3D scanning and measurement products. It combines all the essential tools you need — from intuitive CAD software to data acquisition — in a simple, user-friendly interface.
Dimensional inspection software module
Scan-to-CAD software module