Creaform HandySCAN 3D | SILVER Series
The same great speed and accuracy at a lower price point
The SILVER Series from the HandySCAN 3D line-up strikes a perfect balance between metrology-grade accuracy, and an impressive price point. This is another portable 3D scanner that’s quickly become the industry standard at its lower price.
Even so, it uses patented technology that captures 3D measurements with accuracy and repeatability that can’t be found in any other company. Every time you use the SILVER 3D scanner, you will have the peace of mind knowing that the full 3D part will be effortlessly captured.
This design has been optimized to work quickly and allow anyone in your engineering team to use the scanner without any issues. It will shorten your time-to-market, expedite your engineering efforts, and reduce the overall development costs of your products.
A brief look at the technical specifications of the HandySCAN, to understand how it can help with your metrology-grade measurement applications.
As low as 0.030 mm
|Volumetric accuracy||0.020 mm + 0.060 mm/m (0.0008 in + 0.0007 in/ft)|
0.050 mm (0.0020 in)
Part size range (recommended)
0.1–4 m (0.3–13 ft)
Accuracy of 0.030 mm
Simplicity and Versatility
The SILVER series offers the same user-friendliness and speed that you can expect from the HandySCAN line-up. With a lower cost, you can enjoy this metrology-grade 3D scanner without blowing your budget. This is the same scanner that our 3D printing team uses to reverse engineer a part in no time.
Simple user interface and real‑time mesh visualization
Plug and play
One device for all shapes and sizes
Masters complex and difficult surfaces
It’s almost impossible to find better accuracy in a portable 3D scanner anywhere else in the market. Creaform’s technology allows for dynamic referencing so you can freely move around during scanning while maintaining this tool’s incredible accuracy.
- Unlock high-quality scans. Capture small details and minor features with no issues. When accuracy matters, you need a SILVER scanner.
- Accuracy. As low as 0.030mm (0.0012in)
- Unbelievable repeatability. Each SILVER scanner also has a traceable certification that validates its accuracy and testing.
Experts across multiple industries trust the SILVER series to deliver the best results. In fact, our team at CAD/CAM Services regularly uses this scanner as part of our 3D CAD services.
- Great balance of price and accuracy. This tool allows you to capture metrology-grade images without overpaying for the technology.
- More than 5,000 users worldwide. Creaform has a strong user base across the world, and many users tout the SILVER scanner as the best option for their production and engineering teams.
- American-made with an impressive history. You’ll notice the quality that goes into every scanner, and Creaform always prioritizes perfection in each tool they produce.
The SILVER series uses triangulation and optical reflectors to untether the scanner. This allows you to hold it in your hand and move around the part while you scan. As a result, you’ll unlock portability that you won’t find anywhere else.
- Lightweight and small. At only 0.85kg (1.9lb) and a small overall size, the HandySCAN SILVER series can easily fit into a suitcase. You can take this scanner anywhere you go, even to the most remote areas of the world.
- On-the-go scanning. Use the same scanner in-house or on-site without any additional equipment or set-up.
- Self-positioning for easier use. You can start scanning in less than 2 minutes, so you can get to work sooner and move to the next job site.
- First article inspection (FAI)
- Part-to-CAD inspection
- Supplier quality inspection
- Reverse engineering for developing replacement / Restoration parts
- Planning of complex assemblies disassembly/Dismantling
- 3D scan-to-CAD
- Reverse engineering (extracting design-intent)
- Packaging design
- Reverse engineering of dyes, molds, fixtures, jigs and patterns
- Update of CAD file to reflect as-built tooling measurements
- Tooling validation/Inspection
The HandySCAN SILVER also uses VXelements as its standard software. This program is versatile enough to power our entire suite of 3D scanning and measurement products. It combines all the essential tools you need — from intuitive CAD software to data acquisition — in a simple, user-friendly interface.
Dimensional inspection software module
Scan-to-CAD software module
NDT pipeline integrity assessment software