- AutoCAD 2012 Compatible
- Supports AutoCAD x64
- Floor Plans are Parametric Models Consisting of Intelligent Objects
- Graphical Front-End for Any Facilities Management Solution
- Floor Plan Models from 2D-CAD Drawings and Raster Images is Just One Mouse Click Away
- Improved Workflow of Floor Plan Data Extraction
- Open API to Internal Data Structures of the Floor Plan Models
What is PlanTracer?
PlanTracer is a comprehensive FM software solution for AutoCAD. It gives you a power of BIM and enables you to quickly and easily convert raster floor and building-plan drawings into parametric models consisting of intelligent objects. These objects contain all necessary facility information and are connected with each other.
For example, for the window – it may contain information about the material, for a room it may be data on room connection to more than one other room.
Moreover, there is no more the problem with old paper floor plans. PlanTracer recognizes and converts them into intelligent models in less than no time.
PlanTracer is designed to satisfy the requirements of the most demanding organizations in analysis and access to information about maintenance and facilities of the real estate. It can integrate with facility management applications, databases, XML-files and Excel, helping to keep all required facility data up to date.
Who Needs PlanTracer?
PlanTracer is ideally suited for professionals in facility management and real estate, it meets their particular needs and offers competitive advantages. It can be used in different areas whore facility management solutions are required. Whatever you manage, commercial or institutional building, PlanTracer meets all your goals. As PlanTracer based on AutoCAD, AutoCAD-trained professionals can start using PlanTracer with minimal training. PlanTracer provides the wide range of easy-to-use tools and technologies to save your valuable time and reduce costs for your company.
- AutoCAD 2012 compatible including the 64-bit version
- Creation of floor plans models directly from both 2D-CAD drawings and raster images
- Advanced set of tools to draw new, redraw and modify existing floor plans
- Template Library, consisted of intelligent objects ( Walls, Doors, Windows, Stairs, Columns and etc. ), which can be added by the user
- Adjustable classifiers to maintain facility management standards
- API for access to internal data structures of floor plan models
- Exports/Import to IFC
‘Must Have’ for Facilities Management
The integration of existing drawing archives with computer-aided Facilities Management systems requires an efficient technology to convert and capture FM-related data from the original building floor plans. The need to keep FM data up-to-date through a simple process has motivated the PlanTracer development. PlanTracer focuses on efficiency and usability. PlanTracer delivers advanced tools for Moor plan drawing and editing. Its unique toolset also includes automatic and semi-automatic conversion of data such as 2D or raster floor and building-plan drawings Into Intelligent models.
PlanTracer will recognize a floor plan, extract FM data and create “Intelligent Objects” from source drawings. These objects will contain all the necessary data for your FM solution. PlanTracer provides an open programming interface for easy integration with Facilities Management applications, databases and MS Office. A Facilities Management solution can access all objects on the floor plan models. Remember that old buildings not yet part of BIM or FM solutions still outnumbers BIM’ed properties by more than 10:1. PlanTracer is designed to help you fast-track your BIM and FM needs.
Creating Floor Plans Becomes Easier
Since PlanTracer was developed, the process of floor plan creation has become creative and enjoyable. There is a choice between three modes of floor plan creation:
- Parametric Mode – Automatic and semi-automatic conversion of original floor plans made by measuring rooms and converting them to a parametric model. PlanTracer has an opportunity to finally recognize and convert raster (bi-tonal) images (there is a large number of raster enhancement tools to get better result of conversion) and 2D non-parametric drawings (made in AutoCAD or from other CAD software. PlanTracer also converts results of raster-to-vector conversion}.
- Library Mode – Traditional floor plan drawing using parametric library objects. PlanTracer has a user-expandable library of intelligent objects (building elements), you can create new objects from AutoCAD blocks or set of entities.
- Contour Mode – Floor plan creation from measured outer and inner contours of the building.
Choose the most appropriate mode and take pleasure in the process of floor plan creation.
Creation of Rooms is More Convenient Now
Create a room of any contour and PlanTracer easily calculates its area and furthermore if a room is modified and its area changes, PlanTracer automatically recalculates affected floor spaces. The application can also perform automatic and semi-automatic dimensioning. If there is any modification in room dimensions, PlanTracer automatically recalculates floor space. Spend less time on routine tasks, let PlanTracer do it for you.
PlanTracer 5 Includes Major Changes
PlanTracer 5 includes more than 40 new or changed features, over 30 of them are In the Facilities Management part of PlanTracer. The FM-related features affect most of the functionality of the application. Some of these features are:
- Extended Export / Import functions;
- Massive changes in the floor plan creation and processing commands;
- New commands and new Drawing Objects;
- Improved Attributes management;
- Changes in Walls and Wall Modifiers;
- Rewritten Tag management.
CAD / CAM Services is one of the largest providers of CAD / CAM conversion software and services in the USA. We are experienced users of PlanTracer, as well as all of the other software products that we sell. We invite you to contact us for expert information and competitive pricing on PlanTracer and, don’t forget… we’ll also do your conversions for you!