- No Automatic R2V
- Drawing Management
- PDF Support
- Color Tools
- Image Cleanup
- Automatic Image Cleanup
- Raster Editing
- Hybrid Editing
If you use scanned paper drawings, either black and white or color, and AutoCAD 2014* in your current engineering workflow, then the GTXRaster CAD Series is a unique, cost-effective solution for bringing legacy drawings into your design environment. All commands, menus, and toolbars are consistent with the new AutoCAD 2014, providing a productive and very easy-to-learn user interface, including the NEWcustomized GTX ribbon.
“Just like AutoCAD”
GTXRaster CAD Series is integrated with AutoCAD’s Image Support Module (ISM), all commands, menus, and toolbars are consistent with AutoCAD 2014, providing a productive and very easy-to-learn user interface includes new, intuitive (making them easy to remember) menu and toolbar icons.* Other versions are available for previous AutoCAD releases.
- Fully AutoCAD 2014 Compatible.
- PDF Support for your scanned images, with this new feature you can open your PDF image, and edit it within AutoCAD, and save it as a Tiff or back to a PDF.
- Automatic Raster to Vector conversion for all your scanned images, including Geometry recognition and text recognition.
- Automatic and semi-automatic image Cleanup, despeckle and deskew your image using the intuitive GTX Noise removal commands.
- Full Raster Editing, edit your scanned images using the powerful GTX raster manipulation commands.
Quickly clean the scanned raster image with commands such as deskew, despeckle, and crop. Or, erase any part of the image, with raster erase and raster outline. Then draw AutoCAD vectors over the top of the image.
INTELLIGENT OBJECT PICKING
GTX’s Intelligent Object Picking (IOP) technology allows you to work with raster entities as intelligent objects. Use this feature to select raster entities (line, arc, circle) even if touching other data. Use the All Text IOP to select all raster text entities. IOP preserves underlying geometry during erase and raster to vector conversion.
EFFICIENT RASTER EDITING
Raster editing features include both efficient cleanup and image restoration capability with powerful raster manipulation commands, allowing you to edit and save the raster data. Raster data can also be traced using AutoCAD design tools and stored or plotted as hybrid files. Or, convert vector entities into raster objects for archival purposes.
New PDF support
You can now load a black and white or color scanned PDF into GTXRaster CAD Series 2014. This gives you the ability to convert your PDF scans into Tiff and you can also convert from Tiff to PDF.
New ToolBars and Ribbons
GTX has improved the user interface for AutoCAD 2014, you have the standard “Classic” drop-down menus and toolbars and now you have a fully integrated Ribbon as well as additional toolbars that are fully integrated into your AutoCAD environment.
GTX ICR TEXT RECOGNITION
GTX ICR provides true Intelligent Character Recognition (ICR), based on hybrid neural-net technology. Train the software to automatically recognize text characters associated with individual or company drafting styles.
Easy to use Color Reduction functionality to enable full-color scan files to be reduced from up to 16 million colors down to between 256 & 4 colors, or even bi-tonal (black and white) images. A powerful Color Separation facility to enable selected colors to be grouped together and separated into new layers and assigned an appropriate color of the user’s choosing. Using the latest available color processing algorithms, ALL the products in the GTXRaster CAD® Series, Version 2014 include the reduced, separate & GBI-tonal commands.
Fully Compatible and Optimized to run in the AutoCAD 2014 environment.
New Features are shown below in Red.
- New PDF image support, Import PDF files, Save PDF to Tiff and Tiff to PDF
- Multiple Drawing Environment
- Cut raster image to file or buffer
- Insert a raster image or symbol into the current drawing
- Quick save of vector objects into the current drawing
- Convert vector objects to raster data for saving
- Create a new raster image
- Interactive despeckle
- Image cropping
- Manual Despeckle and Noise Removal
- Correct distortion on warped images
- Move, copy, scale, mirror and rotate images
- Draw lines or erase raster
AUTOMATIC IMAGE CLEANUP
- Auto Deskew
- Auto Clean
- Auto Deskew and Noise Removal
- New Hybrid Drawing Mode:
Allows simultaneous creation of both vector and raster entities, including text.
- Drawing registration
- Migrate Raster Design /CAD Overlay® legacy data
- Full hybrid snap
- Import viewer redlines
- New Multiple Copy command for Raster objects
- New Raster Text Commands:
Type and Edit Raster Text
New Hybrid Text Editor
- New IOP Commands, IOP Rotated Window, Rotated Inside Window & Rotated Crossing Window
- Raster Editing Commands
- Change Raster Line, Arc & Circle
- Raster Slice Command
- 22 raster selection methods (IOP), Including 7 raster snap modes ensure precise editing
- Preserve intersections on edits
- Pick touching text
- Edge rasterization
- Raster symbols
- Turn, Move, Copy, Scale, Rotate, Array and Mirror selected raster data
- Cut-Paste between drawings
- Change or stretch raster objects
- Convert raster entities into vector entities
- Convert vector entities into raster data
- Raster drafting commands text, lines, arcs, circles, rectangles
- True Type Font rasterization
- Color Separation
- Color Reduction
- Bi-tonal/Grey Scale Conversion
View demonstrations on the following GTXRaster CAD functions:
Draw and Edit raster text
Reduce the Number of Colors in a Color or Grayscale Image
Separate a Color or Grayscale Image
Clean up a Dirty Image
Convert a Raster Map
Edit Raster GeometryAlso available in French, and German language versions!
CAD / CAM Services is one of the largest providers of CAD / CAM conversion software and services in the USA. We are experienced users of GTXRaster CAD, as well as all of the other software products that we sell. We invite you to contact us for expert information and competitive pricing on GTXRaster CAD and, don’t forget… we’ll also do your conversions for you!
This article was last Updated on February 10, 2022