Need Accurate Digital Representation of Your Real Estate?
We perform 3D scanning on-site and can help you with all BIM implementations you can imagine.
In order to survive in this competitive world, an engineering company must take on the challenge to deliver services and products in a short time, at a fair price. To accomplish this, a company must have a positive influence on its information and assets.
Keeping ahead of the competitors and saving time, are key when an engineering company has a database of drawings, as well as a vast quantity of documents. The company should be able to effectively manage their KA (Knowledge Assets). When modifying, managing or distributing priceless engineering drawings, corporate heads will often utilize a process called CAD Conversion to convert their paper drawings to their AutoCAD systems.
AutoCAD is commonly used by Architectural, Engineering and Mechanical firms to digitally revise existing paper drawings. With the implementation of affordable scanners and raster formats, engineers now have the ability to translate paper archive designs including:
You can customize the scanning process to suit specific drawing requirements and solve integration matters between paper and CAD conversion.
CAD Conversions or digital drawings take less time to revise and distribute when compared to paper drawings. Document management can easily be implemented once design data is digitally stored to improve
- process efficiency
- revision tracking
- distribution and editing of information with participants
The odds of survival are increased when engineering companies offer quality products that arrive at the markets faster than the competition. Paper to CAD adds worth to engineering drawings and enhances a firm’s greatest asset known as “information”. CAD conversion also helps companies manage other components of operations including:
- workflow management
- material take-offs and more
Other Advantages of CAD Drawing Applications
- Simple compliance with OSHA standards or ISO 9000
- Fewer deteriorated or lost documents
- The easy flow of information
- Speedier time to reach a market
- Coordination improved with other professionals
- The smooth flow of information in various formats
- Easy Compliance with ISO 9000 or OSHA standards
- Less lost, deteriorated and misplaced documents
- Information on click of a mouse and saves time
- Faster time to market
- Improved coordination among project members
- Improved project efficiency and productivity
- Easy reporting and monitoring to stakeholders
In summary, engineers often have multitudes of design paper drawings that must be saved for reference and for further design. An engineering company has the challenge to organize and manage these drawings in the event they are needed for future reference. CAD conversion allows engineers to scan these drawings into digital raster formatting so that they can be modified, redesigned or revised in the future. CAD conversion saves engineers money and time because the results can be used or re-used time and time again.