WiseImage for AutoCAD
- Compatible with versions of AutoCAD up to 2012
- CAD-style raster processing
- Ultimate image enhancement tools
- Both automatic and semi-automatic R2V conversion
- Several rasterization engines
- Scanning module with direct support of wide-format scanners
- Native AutoCAD user interface and settings
WiseImage 12 for AutoCAD® New and Hot
WiseImage® 12 for AutoCAD solves the problem of incorporating scanned raster data into a CAD environment. This is done by adding native CAD-style raster editing and raster-to-vector conversion inside AutoCAD to facilitate revision creation and new drawing production. WiseImage 12 for AutoCAD includes all technology and research results from previous years and starting new era with real integration of CAD and image processing.
WiseImage 12 for AutoCAD offers an updated exclusive set of enhancement tools to be applied to black/white as well as grayscale and color images.
WiseImage allows user to edit, update, and convert (both semi-automatically and automatically) to vectors scanned maps, drawings, sketches, and other graphics. true ObjectARX technology, the possibility to use AutoCAD dialogs and settings, and an advanced customizable interface, makes WiseImage 12 a natural part of AutoCAD environments. WiseImage 12 for AutoCAD is the unique tool for wide range of applications — such as GIS, cadastral, aerial and satellite image processing, architecture, engineering, schematics to mention a few.
WiseImage 12 for AutoCAD® Features:
- An updated AutoCAD 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007 and AutoCAD LT 2007 support
- Since this version, WiseImage eliminates limitation on the size of loadable images. The width of image is increased up to 16 million pixels. It is more than enough in overwhelming majority of cases. The raster image height can be up to two billion pixels.
- Collect Polylines command is designed for assembling polylines resulting from the trace or automatic vectorization commands
- Total integration with Autodesk in technology, operational control and engine
- Scanning module with full direct support wide-format and TWAIN scanners
- Image enhancement and restoration inside AutoCAD
- CAD style raster selection, snapping and editing
- Various automatic raster-to-vector conversion and tracing options for black and white, color and grayscale images
- Several rasterization modes with help of a precise rasterization engine
- Adaptive Binarization — unique tool for blueprints and sepias
- Smart color palette manager — Color Classifier
- Search and Replace on color images with support of Symbol Recognition Template Libraries — a single source for symbol templates for symbol tracing, raster-to-vector conversion, hybrid selection and Search & Replace
- Vector Automatic Correction with a rich set of options
- Polylines Automatic Correction with a rich set of options for merging, and combining polylines
- Adaptive Blur filter for blurring non-uniform color areas inside color transition boundaries in grayscale and color images
- Selection, editing and image enhancement
WiseImage combines premium tools to process scanned drawings, satellite imagery, or other raster graphics for seamless and efficient CAD integration. Image cleanup, correction, calibration, bit-depth reduction and raster-to-vector conversion with WiseImage eliminates repetitive and time-consuming manual procedures.
Intelligent Object Selection technology of Consistent Software allows the selection of raster data by using AutoCAD-style tools – by picking; inside rectangle or polygon; by crossing rectangle, polygon, polyline, etc. Raster objects (raster lines, arcs and circles) have properties (line type, line width, etc.) and precise geometry, which can be changed in the AutoCAD properties dialog. You can also modify the geometry of raster objects by their "grips". Object snapping for raster objects is consistent with the AutoCAD snap (that only works with vectors).
WiseImage for AutoCAD has a variety of tools for enhancement and correction of color, grayscale and monochrome raster images. There are color and monochrome filters and image restoration tools such as: color correction, deskewing, four-point correction, elimination of linear and non-linear image distortions, cropping, rotation, resizing, etc. You can correct an image using a specified set of commands with one click. User can easily manage the colors of the image and create/edit LUT files in the Color Classifier or can perfectly operate with blueprints (scanned in grayscale mode) by a specific tool — Adaptive Binarization.
To convert a raster symbol, line, arc, circle or outline to a vector object, a user only has to pick a point on the source raster object. The tracing mode can be set to retain, delete or smooth the original raster object. WiseImage can also recognize raster hatches and trace arbitrary raster curves by AutoCAD polylines. When tracing polylines, the program can automatically define the most probable trace direction. You can trace monochrome, color and grayscale images.
Automatic Raster-to-Vector Conversion (Pro version)
When applying automatic vectorization, the user needs to set recognition parameters before starting the procedure. WiseImage for AutoCAD recognizes and converts to corresponding vector objects raster lines, arcs, circles, symbols, points, polylines, outlines and hatches. The program also recognizes raster line types, widths and dimension arrows. WiseImage for AutoCAD can process color, greyscale or black and white images.
The results of automatic vectorization often require further correction — this can be done automatically with tools that will merge vector fragments, create orthogonal lines, and round objects widths to specified values. Resulting vector objects can be separated by weight, AutoCAD layers and color.
During automatic raster-to-vector conversion WiseImage for AutoCAD converts raster texts to AutoCAD text entities. It is also possible to convert raster texts to polylines or outlines. The program can be easily taught to recognize new text characters. You can also use external OCR modules.
Working with Symbols
WiseImage offers several advanced options for working with raster and vector data. One of them is the unique technology to select or separate raster objects into other layers, which is based on intelligent selections and a brand new selection engine including the new smart WiseObject (text, hatches, lines) selection. WiseImage's built-in OCR feature can recognize characters and numerals within the text block that the user is going to modify. Also WiseImage allows the use of external OCR modules.
More about WiseImage for AutoCAD on vendor's site.